Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sonic Youth @ Roundhouse, Camden


More than 30 years ago the legendary Roundhouse hosted Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd. In 2007, Sonic Youth performed their album Daydream Nation (unabridged) providing a 20-year cross-over reaching their newest album Rather Ripped.
Last time I saw them live @ Rodon club, Athens, in 2000, they had just released A Thousand Leaves, one of my old-time favourites and the inspiration of my blog's name (Wildflowersoul).
Since then, it seems that time stopped. Lee Ranaldo, Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore may all be in their 50s, however, watching them perform felt like I were in my 60s. Still resourceful and replete with energy (Kim danced and twirled) they made the audience refusing to let them go.

Photo taken from http://flickr.com/photos/plain/

7 comments:

Pixie said...

Kim Gordon is so talented!What a music persona!

Horexakias said...

Εγω παλι ζηλευω.Τι και αν τους εχω δει?Αμα το εχεις,τι 20 τι 50!

Mia Wallace said...

They are all very talented I really look up to them!

To xoune oi anthrwpoi! Elpizw na kanoune suntoma tour kai pros ta katw :)

Anonymous said...

you better not be eating any meat, kakomira mou!!!!

I wish I was there and we wouldn't be eating meat together...

xxx.
c.

Mia Wallace said...

Ase egine diashmo to xwrio mas filenada!!to gurisa sth xortofagia :))

Anonymous said...

Sto pelos then tha mporoume na fame oute auta. anyway: I found this and I think it gives me hope for the future of humanity. I know I'm a Savopoulos obsessed human but still...I think you'll like it. Your love too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwDDY-H-e1A

love,
chris.

Mia Wallace said...

Είναι υπέροχο! Με Κιουρτσόγλου και Λάντσια που είναι απίστευτοι μουσικοί, γίνεται ακόμη καλύτερο (ε και λόγω Νιόνιου βέβαια :))