Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vantage Point

It is beyond doubt that Deus have reached the vantage point of their career as their eponymous latest album claims. From 1996 (when I first heard the magnificent For the Roses which made me an ardent fan) until now, they have never ceased to positively surprise me. They have never made a mediocre album; on the contrary they have found a poised style combining experimental, jazz, indie and more mainstream sounds (I am not really elaborating on this since I am not a music critic nor will I ever want to be) that make them unique and recognizable. Vantage Point works along the same lines urging me to either dance or cry depending on the song mood (but really urging me not just teasing me to do so).

Personal highlights
Eternal Woman
Architect

1 comment:

Mia Wallace said...

Deus are performing at the Forum, N.London on the 15 October